THE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS OF THE PAPER
In 2010, after 30 years of absence, the direct positive paper (DPP) used by IMAGO 1:1 was back in production. Enthused by the rediscovered IMAGO 1:1, and operating in cooperation with other companies, Harman Technology started to sell DPP worldwide. This is a high-contrast top-quality traditional silver gelatine photo paper.
A special pre-exposure technique enables contrast variation and opens up many creative possibilities. As the final image is projected directly onto the paper, the process does not require any negative. The picture can be developed within 10 minutes of exposure. Direct positive paper opens up a brand new dimension for analogue photography.
FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF DPP APPLICATIONS:
1. Photos taken using middle and large format cameras using 4x5 to 16x20-inch sheets of paper.
2. Photos taken using a pinhole camera. Cameras range from simple basic designs to high-quality hand crafted units. Paper can be purchased in sheets of several formats and in rolls up to 127 cm wide.
3. Production of photograms in dark-rooms.
4. Enlargements of diapositives on DPP paper; the most direct way of reproducing a photo without the need for an intermediary negative.
5. The paper is also suitable for middle-sized cameras, as formats can be adjusted in the dark-room.